Monday, October 15, 2007

In Control

Earlier this week I was talking to a friend of mine that I went with to Africa this past year and he's going back to Zimbabwe in May. He and I were a team who did a day of door to doors last time and I'm so excited to see him go back. Africa really touched his heart and he loved it there. He was even saying that he's gotten 20 more people for future trips! How awesome is that. It's so strange to me how things work out and change. I'm trying not to let it seem that way, but it was almost like Zimbabwe was a season of my life. It caused me to have to grow up and open my eyes to new perspectives. Something that I struggled with since I was in private schools and homeschooled my entire life. At the same time though, maybe this is just a way in which God wants to show me how powerful he is again. From my point of view, I see Zimbabwe as being over because of my connect person distancing herself from me and all the other CO Spgs people. Maybe though...God is showing me that it's not about a connect person...I didn't go because of them. I went because God called me to Zimbabwe...he wanted me there. I need to realize that while Africa may have just been a chapter in my life and God will use that passion later on down the road...it is not because of a person that that chapter is over. I will go where I go, when I go, because a God bigger than my circumstances has called me there. Now that doesnt' mean it's not hard, but I do know that he's in control. What a reassuring thought :o)

No comments: