Sunday, December 2, 2007

Step By Step

Sometimes in life, things don't make sense. The burden of trying to figure everything out is overwhelming and is best left well enough alone. Even when I think that I have made sense of one area in my life, God shows up and completely changes everything again. He leads me moment by moment, step by step, in the direction that he deems good in order to make his will for my life lay out before me. As soon as I determine to obey in one area and I make myself available, he shows me one more step and challenges me in one more way. I told him that I was his to take wherever in the world he wanted. Now that I feel like I have a small amount of things, people, or circumstances to make me emotionally separate from desiring the will of God, I didn't figure it'd make much of a difference anyways. I've already sacrificed things that would be so easy to hold on to in an attempt to live in God's will. If I have given up things that I love in pursuit of his passion for my life, isn't it worth it to go all the way in attaining that?
I feel so restless to begin the next step in my life. I know that God has so much to teach me and I know that the lessons I will be learning over the next few weeks and months will help to shape me into the woman of God he invisions me to be. Yet today I am here and today is where I will try to keep my thoughts focused on. Because today brings enough lessons of its own.
There are so many decisions to make...do I go to CCU? CSU? Bethel? I still have no idea as to where I will end up. All I can do is continue to try and remain faithful.

No comments: